All Blacks head coach Dave Rennie questioned the Springboks' decision to air discipline grievances publicly in the build-up to Saturday's clash at Ellis Park.

Speaking at Thursday's press conference, Rennie confirmed both sides had submitted clips of concern to match officials but expressed surprise at the Springboks' approach. "We sent in clips of concerns that we've got; I'm sure they've done the same thing," he said. "I'm not sure why they are trying to air that stuff in the media. I've got no plans on sharing any of the clips we've shared with the media."

The comments followed revelations from Bok assistant Felix Jones, who disclosed feedback from the Sharks, Stormers and Bulls regarding their recent encounters with the All Blacks. Jones cited common concerns about breakdown conduct, including tucked shoulders, maul defence and leg-lifting at lineouts.

Rennie acknowledged isolated incidents during the tour, noting his side had been penalised for clawing a leg, throwing a player across a lineout and pulling at the back of a maul. The All Blacks received three yellow cards in their opening match against the Stormers but showed improved discipline against the Sharks and Bulls. "We've learnt, and the discipline was much better on the weekend, and we know that's going to be important against Springboks," Rennie said.

The All Blacks face a formidable challenge at Ellis Park, having lost five of their last six meetings with the Springboks. Rennie described the venue as "almost the mecca" but insisted his side were excited by the challenge ahead.